It’s been much-anticipated in Wanaka, and, just in time for Christmas – New World Three Parks has opened, one of the South Island’s largest, most sustainable, efficient and modern supermarkets.
The new supermarket is part of the larger Three Parks mixed-use development, designed to cater for the rapidly-growing Wanaka community.
Store owners and operators Dean and Natashia Bartley, have been part of the Foodstuffs family for the past five years, previously owning New World Wanaka on Dunmore Street. “Dean and I are delighted we can continue serving the Wanaka Community, we also get the opportunity to meet new customers who’re settling in and around the wider Wanaka region, calling Central Otago home,” said Natashia Bartley.
“The whole experience of opening a brand-new store has been very rewarding. There’s been many hours of hard work put in by the team and the road closures in the run up to opening brought us some unexpected challenges to contend with. Seeing the store open today, our fantastic team of staff hit the ground running and the positive reaction from customers has made the end result completely worth it.”
The new 4,342 square metre supermarket is one-of-its-kind in the South Island. With 2,144 square metres dedicated to retail, its modern design provides a welcoming shopping experience. The Fresh Food Hall greets customers as they first enter, presenting an abundance of fresh local produce. Further into the store there’s also an impressive deli, bakery, butchery, salad bar and extensive Food To Go and meals solutions taking the hassle out of dinner time.
The brand-new store has been designed to be efficient and sustainable with CO2 natural refrigeration systems, electronic shelf labels, LED aisle end displays and an energy monitoring system that automatically adjusts airflow, temperature and lighting.
“We’re proud of our commitment to reducing our stores’ carbon footprint, wherever possible. Our generous carpark has both electric car and bike chargers on hand, making it the perfect pit stop for travellers and locals needing to re-charge, grab a bite to eat and a coffee to go before hitting the road onto the next destination.”
Roger Davidson, Property and Retail Development General Manager Foodstuffs South Island said the opening of New World Three Parks is a great milestone for Foodstuffs and the New World group, as it exemplifies the co-operative’s commitment to investing in South Island communities as they continue to grow and develop.
“Wanaka is a great example of a town and community that’s really thriving, and we’re thrilled to be able to grow our presence in this beautiful town. New World Three Parks will become another integral focal point for the Wanaka community,” added Davidson.
Other New World Three Park store features include:
- An impressive range of meal solutions for all dietary requirements e.g. Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegan, Keto
- On site café, complete with outdoor seating, full-service menu, tasty cabinet selection, and barista made coffee
- Focus on sports, nutrition and health products to support the active Central Otago lifestyle
- Extensive range of locally grown and award-winning wines
- Naked produce departments, fruit and vegetables are kept fresh and vibrant with a cool misting of water
- Improved and extended bulk bin area
- A comprehensive international array of products from around the world
- A new ‘entertainer’s area’, located near the wine, beer and cider department, a one-stop spot for getting everything you need to create an antipasto or cheese platter.