FOODSTUFFS | "Following this evening’s announcement that Auckland is to return to Alert Level 3 again, our supermarkets have swung into action and are working hard to provide New Zealand with the essential groceries they require. As in previous lockdowns, our supermarkets will remain open in order to meet the needs of New Zealanders.
“Our focus continues to be the health and safety of our teams and customers, and ensuring every New Zealander has access to grocery essentials,” said Chris Quin, CEO of Foodstuffs North Island. “I want to let our customers know that we continue to have heightened best practice hygiene and cleaning protocols in store, and we are working very closely with our supplier partners to meet customers’ needs.”
Customers will recall the move to Alert Level 3 will result in changes to how our stores operate. Please remember the following:
- Scan the COVID-19 QR codes – download the NZ COVID-19 Tracer App and scan the QR Code at stores to enable quick contact tracing if needed and turn on Bluetooth tracing.
- Nominate a family member to shop if you live in the wider Auckland area – to comply with physical distancing recommendations, and to ensure there is a steady flow of traffic in and out of stores within our ‘one in, one out’ system, we are asking New Zealanders who shop in person to please shop alone. This is to ensure the number of people in-store at any one time is kept to a minimum – by leaving your loved ones at home you are helping keep them safe.
- Wear masks while shopping – in line with Government’s direction, we encourage all customers to wear face masks when visiting our stores, especially in the wider Auckland area.
- Use contactless payments – we encourage customers to use contactless payments such as payWave as another way of reducing contact between customers and staff. Help us keep you safe.
- Shop online (where available) – we have contactless online shopping delivery for customers who are self-isolating, vulnerable or unwell – we ask customers simply to let the team know in the comments section when the order is placed. We also ask customers who are feeling unwell to please not come to the store to collect their Click & Collect order and to instead arrange a friend or family member to pick up your groceries for you.
- #shopnormal – we continue to ask customers to not stockpile; this is so everyone has a fair shot at buying their grocery essentials. Please only buy what you need and be fair to others. We have plenty of stock, and to ensure there is plenty of product to go around, product limitations may be put in place on a store or product basis if the individual store determines there is a need.
- Be kind – we are asking New Zealand to again support us as we work hard to continue meeting our goal of ensuring everyone has access to grocery essentials. We ask that all customers please remain patient and considerate to each other and staff during this time.
Customers will once again see various staff protection measures in place at their local store including staff wearing masks, perspex protective screens at checkout, and floor decals communicating the appropriate 2m physical distancing length. We ask all customers to please comply with store signage and staff direction to maintain physical distancing.
“Our ask of customers is to please, play your part and follow the rules,” said Quin. “The fight against Covid-19 is ever-changing, and we promise to continue doing all we can to keep our people and customers safe. Our shared goal of stamping out Covid-19 remains, and I want to thank our customers for their kindness and patience on this journey. I also want to express sincere gratitude to our teams for once again stepping up and putting other New Zealanders’ needs ahead of their own.”