In the wake of recovery from the global COVID-19 pandemic, businesses, especially those in the hospitality sector, will have to grapple with stricter health and safety measures implemented by governments. Many establishments such as hotels and restaurants will have to rethink business strategies and redefine their values. How will business models change for these hospitality players? What will the new normal be?
The second edition of Food & Hotel Digital Week will explore the challenges, new norms, technologies and practices for the industry post-pandemic. Themed “Hospitality’s New Normal – Restoring HoReCa in Asia”, this three-day industry webinar series will feature more than 45 industry thought leaders from around the world.
“We received tremendous support and interest from the F&B community for the first edition of the Food & Hotel Digital Week,” said said Mr Ian Roberts, Managing Director - Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Informa Markets.
“For the upcoming edition in July the spotlight will be on the Hospitality sector, through the showcases and webinar sessions we hope that the hospitality community will gain insights and contacts, to help them with the knowledge needed to navigate these difficult times.”
- An ASEAN Hotel Association roundtable session jointly organised with the Singapore Hotel Association will feature speakers from the hotel associations in Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. Titled “The Now and Next for Tourism, Operations and Hospitality”, the roundtable will discuss the future forward for the hotel and tourism industry in the region.
- The “Future of Work in Hospitality: Do Skills still Matter?” webinar will offer different perspectives from international guilds, hospitality establishments and associations such as Jumeirah Hospitality, Hosco and the Worldchefs, on the impact on skills, jobs and staff development from the pandemic.
- Specialty coffee is an important crop for ASEAN countries such as Indonesia and Vietnam. Members from the ASEAN Coffee Federation including the Malaysia Specialty Coffee Association, Myanmar Coffee Association, Philippine Coffee Board and IWCA Vietnam will be looking into trends and challenges in Asian markets post COVID-19 in the ‘Café, Coffee, Covid – Roasting Ideas for a New Normal’ webinar.
Key speakers include:
- Alexis de Suremain, Board of Director, Cambodian Hotel Association (CHA)
- Andy Cuthbert, GM Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Madinat Jumeirah C&I, Jumeirah Hospitality, Chairman, Emirates Culinary Guild
- Emmanuel U Torrejon, Board of Director, Philippine Coffee Board (PCB); Honorary Secretary, ASEAN Coffee Federation; & Director, UCC Ueshima Coffee Philippines, Inc.
- Eugene T. Yap, President, Hotel and Restaurant Association of the Philippines
- Fabrice Tessier, VP School Relations & Partnerships, Accor Hotels
- Hariyadi Sukamdani, Chairman, Indonesia Hotel and Restaurant Association (IH&RA)
- Jesper Palmqvist, Area Director Asia Pacific, STR
- John Lohr, Director of Development School Relations, Hosco
- Lip Seng Yap, CEO, Malaysian Association of Hotels (MAH)
- Margaret Heng, Executive Director, Singapore Hotel Association
- Ngoo Anh Dao, President, IWCA Vietnam; Chairwoman, Detech Coffee
- Ragnar Fridriksson, Managing Director, Worldchefs
- Tim Hill, Key Accounts Director, GlobalData
- U Min Hlaing, Vice Chairman, Myanmar Coffee Association; Managing Director, Sithar Coffee Company
- Ms Yip Leong Sum, President, Malaysia Specialty Coffee Association (MSCA); Board Member, ASEAN Coffee Federation; Managing Director, Beans Depot Sdn. Bhd.
Registration for this industry webinar series is free.
Co-locating with Food & Hotel Digital Week, the inaugural FHA Congress, a two-day virtual conference, is aimed at addressing the emerging and likely permanent shifts in hospitality and food industries. Across 10 tracks on simultaneous livestream, more than 45 global experts will engage audiences with their discourse on immediate COVID-related solutions and their views on the longer term industry outlook.
Key speakers include:
- Anatole Rousseau, Head of E-commerce – Asia, Africa, Middle East and ANZ, Barilla Group, Singapore
- Arrif Ziaudeen, Chief Executive Officer, The Chope Group, Singapore
- Becky Cheung, Chairwoman, International Food Safety Association, Hong Kong
- His Excellency Mr Douglas Foo, Singapore High Commissioner (Non Resident) to Tanzania, President of Singapore Manufacturing Federation, Singapore
- Megan Willis, Sustainability Director, Cocoa and Chocolate APAC, Cargill, Singapore
- Pedram Assadi, Chief Operating Officer, APAC, foodpanda, Singapore
- Phi Van Nguyen, Chairwoman, Vietnam Business Angel Network, Open Innovation Vietnam, and Saigon Innovation Hub, Vietnam
- Ruth McLennan, South East Asia Commercial Director Fresh Produce and Bakery, Dairy Farm Group, Singapore
- Sireethorn Satchatippavarn, Head of Strategy and Innovation, Central Food Retail Group, Thailand
- Toine Hoeksel, Culinary Director, Asia Pacific, Marriott International, Hong Kong
- Wouter Vos, Chairman, Urban Farming Partners, Netherlands
“COVID is pioneering a new paradigm in the food and hospitality business. Part of the Food & Hotel Digital Week, the FHA Congress brings you premium content, and is your platform to hear from the industry’s best, and shape your longer term commercial & compliance strategy,” said Mr Sukumar Verma, Managing Director, Informa Connect Singapore.
Click here for more information on the FHA Congress.
For a quick over-view of Digital Week click here.