Moving Mountains has made the move down under and launches 100% plant-based Burger and Hot Dog into retail, available exclusively at Woolworth’s Supermarkets across Australia.
Moving Mountains has launched its best selling plant-based Burger and the world’s first revolutionary plant-based Hot Dog made from sunflower seeds into Australia via an exclusive distribution deal with Woolworths Supermarkets nationwide and Henry’s Burgers in Melbourne.
Rich in protein and B12, the plant-based burger uses juicy and healthy oyster mushrooms and beetroot juice to give the effect of sumptuous bleeding meat, while the 100% plant-based hot dog has turned sunflower seeds into a vitamin rich and gluten-free hot dog that is identical to its pork counterpart in taste, smell and texture. Both have been made using simple and natural ingredients, specialised machines, and the latest food technology and incredible scientific process.
Created for the new wave of meat reducers who still crave the taste and texture of meat, but may be seeking to reduce their meat intake for health, ethical or environmental reasons, the plant-based Moving Mountains Burger and Hot Dog, are so authentically ‘meaty’ that it can fool even the most committed carnivores.
Founded in 2016 by UK serial eco entrepreneur, Simeon Van der Molen, Moving Mountains is on a mission to bring radical change to people’s everyday diet through a plant-based alternative that can generally compete with animal meat in terms of taste, texture and satisfaction.
“Following our resounding success in the UK and Europe, we are excited to continue our global expansion to offer Aussie flexitarians truly inspiring dishes using the latest food technology. Moving Mountains® products have been carefully created using the best ingredients and the latest food technology to deliver a healthier, sustainable and authentic substitute to meat that is not only good for you, but also our planet,” said Van der Molen.
Moving Mountains Hot Dog
Made primarily from sunflower seeds with a naturally smoked flavour and satisfyingly firm yet bouncy texture, the Moving Mountains Hot Dog, which is also gluten free, looks and tastes just like a pork hot dog or frankfurter.
- Sunflower Seeds make up the base, which are rich in B complex vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, vitamin E and a high source of protein
- Carrots are used to give the authentic colouring of a hot dog
- Onion helps to give a satisfyingly firm and bouncy texture when biting into the hot dog
- Paprika adds a punch of flavour and is rich in antioxidants
- Coconut oil provides a juicy consistency and helps keep the structure of the hot dog.
Moving Mountains Burger
The Moving Mountains Burger has zero cholesterol, 20g of plant protein, is plant-based and free-from antibiotics and hormones. It replicates animal meat in every way – it even bleeds through the middle with beetroot juice instead of blood.
- Oyster Mushrooms are the base, which maintains the mouth-watering, succulent texture and differentiates the burger from competitors. It provides health benefits including lowering cholesterol
- Pea protein provide a source of protein
- Wheat and soy proteins give a fibrous texture akin to the bite and depth of a traditional burger
- Beetroot juice allows a juicy, ‘bleed’ at the centre of the patty
- Coconut oil provides a fatty, satisfying consistency. It contains zero trans-fat, zero cholesterol and is rich in antioxidants.
- Oats help provide the firm structure of the patty
- Vitamin B12, traditionally associated with red meat, has been added so that the Moving Mountains burger can genuinely compete with a beef burger and provide more essential nutrients as the burger contains the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of B12