Frucor Beverages claimed the Supreme Supplier title at last month NZ Association of Convenience Stores (NZACS) annual supplier awards night and two young people won scholarships that took them to an international final in Las Vegas.
Fran Drager of Z Enery and Rachel Williams of British American Tobacco were the retail and supplier winners of this year’s Peter Jowett Scholarship and are in Las Vegas this month competing in the NZACS global competition.
With 14 participants from around the country and six finalists presenting on the day, it was another major success for the younger people in the industry. This year’s four other finalists were Bonnie Howes of BP, Tejal Tailor of Imperial Tobacco, Kate Mitchell of Goodman Fielder and Bashar Basheer of Nielsen.
The topic of this year’s scholarship presentation was centred around product option ideas for convenience store consumers and how c-store retailer could handle them.
The presentations mainly centered on the development of health options. At the same function, the NZACS industry awards were also announced.
The winning categories were:
• Best new product: Frucor Beverages V Kaboom
• Best store compliance: BP Oil
• Best category manager: Scott Bell of the Number 8 Retail Group
• Best key account manager: Annabel Harris of Unilever
• Best direct infield supplier: Coca-Cola Amatil
• Best indirect infield supplier: Cerebos Foodservice (Robert Harris)
• Best head office (large) supplier: Bluebird Foods
• Best head office (medium) supplier: Signature Marketing