For the first time, New Zealanders can experience the Halo Top phenomenon that has already taken the U.S., United Kingdom, Canada and Australia by storm with its decadent taste and high-quality ingredients. With only 280-360 calories per tub, Halo Top provides the perfect treat - without all of the guilt. Halo Top Creamery will hit New Zealand freezer aisles nationwide in September.
Los Angeles-based Halo Top Creamery was founded in 2011 by former lawyer turned ice cream aficionado Justin Woolverton while on a quest to find an ice cream he could enjoy without all the guilt. He originally created a simple version of light ice cream using a few ingredients in his kitchen. After purchasing a 20-dollar ice cream maker online, he ran his mix through and realised he had created something special. Woolverton decided to take his light ice cream to market in 2011 and, with the help of company President (and also a former lawyer) Doug Bouton, the brand eventually took off. In 2017, Halo Top became America’s No.1 best-selling pint of ice cream and was named one of TIME Magazine’s ”25 Best Inventions of 2017.”
Halo Top has developed a cult-like following since its initial launch and is now a staple amongst some of the world’s most well-known fitness and health gurus. With each tub containing only 280-360 calories (1172 kJs- 1506 kJs) and providing a source of protein and dietary fibre, it’s no wonder why.
“It’s a dream come true to launch Halo Top in New Zealand,” said Doug Bouton, President & COO of Halo Top Creamery. “We’ve always known that New Zealand is a natural fit for the brand, and we can’t wait for Kiwi ice cream lovers to try Halo Top.”
Halo Top will be available in six of its fan-favourite flavours including:
- Chocolate — Rich, uncomplicated and totally classic — it’s the perfect choice for chocolate aficionados
- Peanut Butter Cup – An awesome pairing of peanut butter and chocolate flavours gives you the epic taste you love without all of the guilt
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough — Swap your raw cookie dough obsession with this classic vanilla flavour sprinkled with cookie dough bites and bits of chocolate
- Candy Bar — This terrific tub blends crunchy peanuts, layers of chocolate and caramel swirls serving up those ideal candy bar vibes
- Sea Salt Caramel — Perfect for a luxurious self-indulging treat, this flavour balances sweet and salty with luscious caramel swirls and a touch of sea salt
- Birthday Cake — Get that birthday feeling every day with this celebratory treat full of colourful sprinkles and the taste of homemade birthday cake