Citizen was started by a group of people that wanted to go about changing the statistics of food-waste. Every Citizen product is made using edible surplus food. This food is rescued and re-worked into delicious food and drink.
The brand's first product is beer made using surplus bread. Every can uses the fermentable starches from one rescued slice of surplus bread. Slice by slice, it adds up. The team then use their brew mash to create high-quality, nutritious, spent-grain flour that is used to bake Citizen breads.
Behind the scenes, the team are preparing more awesome food and drink offerings to launch. It's all part of their mission to help rebuild a broken food system.
Welcome to the world's most delicious revolution!
For more information visit www.citizen.co.nz.
3 Hazy IPAs - A juicy, hoppy hazy with a citrus punch. Smooth + refreshing. 6.5% ABV
3 Pale Ales - big zesty citrus, tropical fruits + a toasty backbone. 5% ABV
3 Pilsners - intense tropical fruit + citrus meets lush, caramel toastiness. 4.6% ABV
3 Light Lagers - Flavour that defies its low ABV. Refreshing, clean + crisp. 2.5% ABV
- Crafted with their friends at Sawmill Brewery.
- Each can uses the fermentable sugars from one slice of rescued bread.
- Each brew uses a quarter less malted barley, saving resources and avoiding emissions.
- Each brew repurposes 585 plastic bread bags and tags into fenceposts.
- Thanks to Goodman Fielder, Foodstuffs and Farro Fresh for their surplus bread.